Skip to content
(Frequently Asked Questions)
- What does PANTHERS stand for?
- Partners Aboard Neat Tandems Happily Enjoying Riding Simultaneously.
- Can I attend any of the events you sponsor?
- All tandem couples are welcome to our rides and events, but PANTHERS members have priority on any Rides or Rallies that have limited registration.
- How do I join the Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday rides in The Villages?
- Just show up in the parking lot next to The Waterfront Inn any Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday morning. Plan to arrive by about 8:15 because we leave promptly at 8:30AM. If you need more information or directions, or just want to let us know that you plan to come, please Contact Us and you will get a quick reply. Photos of a typical ride start and gathering afterwards
- What is the difference between a “Ride” and a “Rally”?
- A Ride is exactly that . . . a meeting of tandem teams at a particular place and time. Weekend rides are like rallies because they are full of riding and socializing with other tandem teams, but there is no registration fee. There are also no goodie bags, t-shirts, free munchies, prizes, attractions, free ice-cream or banquet. Rides are pay-as-you-go affairs with the local hosts only providing route sheets and making suggestions. Our Rallies are fully organized events with lodging, meals and all of the fun we have come to expect at tandem rallies hosted by other clubs throughout the country.
- How do I get involved?
- We hope you will join the PANTHERS no matter where you live. Dues are only $30 per year. Fill out the Application Form and mail it in along with your check. You’re now officially involved!
- What are the benefits of membership?
- You are supporting the tandem community!
- You will get priority registration for all of our Rides and Rallies.
- The PANTHERS Tandem Club carries insurance through the League of American Bicyclists.